Thursday, October 1, 2009

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

My apologies for my long absence and not keeping track of fashion week! I've truly been a slacker. Since coverage of the shows has been everywhere, I'll post about something else today.

The much-loved young designer Zac Posen has created a capsule collection with supercool jewelry designer Pamela Love. Love's own designs are edgy and goth-tinged (check them out at her website: http://www.pamelalovenyc.com/), so naturally their collaboration would exhibit a punk-rock influence.Love claims the pair's influence was the romantic fantasy of Alice in Wonderland, but I can't seem to recall any spikes sprouting out of flowerbuds in that tale...

The spiked hairband is a definite DIY possibility.



The hair and makeup for Posen's show was absolutely gorgeous; the perfect balance between rocker and lady proper. The September issue of Elle shows how to recreate the punky pompadour that the models paraded down the runway. I can't wait to recreate the look for myself.

Currently jamming to: "Sister Rosetta" by Noisettes. Check out this Brit three-piece; they're everywhere lately!

No comments:

 

hit tracker