Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Fashion week is winding down and there were fewer shows these past couple of days, so I'm just going to pick one show from each day to chat about. The Topshop Unique show yesterday & the Luella show from today both featured girly and flirty looks that could walk straight off the runways, Cotton commercial-style.

Luella, another favorite designer of mine, scattered tiny florals across deconstructed tea dresses, and also kept up the trend of using a lot of orange (and purple, my favorite color). I also fell in love with the shoes in this collection.




















In the place of flowers, Topshop's designs had art-deco style hearts. Clearly some inspiration was drawn from the 80s for this collection, as visible in the oversized hairbows

Needless to say, it went by too quickly. Can't wait for next year!
Pictures courtesy of http://www.style.com/

1 comment:

Goddess said...

I love that purple and orange dress. I never thought the two colors would actually look good together and you're right the shoes are hot!! Good topic my dear

 

hit tracker